Saturday, November 14, 2009

I think I know

It's a gloomy, windy day in Lyon today. The weather is strangely warm, however, and it's still holding out for the rain. It feels as if everything's waiting for something. It's November 14th, the end of fall and the beginning of winter, and yet the sky cannot decide which to be. I cannot decide which to be: homesick, or happy to be in my new home. I am happy to be experiencing such a crazy life change, because after all, who ever gets to do this?

It all kind of happened randomly, I feel, this move to Lyon. I applied four months too late, and they still accepted me. I couldn't get any other job back in the States. Nick still had a year of university left, but I wasn't about to stay in Santa Clara, CA, anyway. So I just went. And now I'm here.

Sure, I've second-guessed coming, as it's been a helluva stresser. But, I know it'll be worth it in the long run. Don't ask me how, I just know. Or at least, I think I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment