Friday, November 20, 2009

Fitting In


As you can see, my room looks a little more lived-in now (if you wanna make it up on my "closet door of fame," send me pictures).



It's November 20th, and things are starting to fit in.

This week, the night after the random volleyball practice, Megan & I went to dinner with an adorable French couple we met at the laundromat. How filmesque is that? The restaurant was called Le Tibouren, and the chef himself came out to dictate us the menu--in French and English :) New tastes of the evening included pink soup and shark. Delicieuse.

In four days, I will have been here 2 months. What've I learned? Let's see...
  1. Subway in France is way better than Subway in America (fresher ingredients).
  2. If I plan everything to the minute, I can make it from home to school in 1 hour, 5 min (that includes walking, metro, train and bus).
  3. The French love their grocery stores (especially on the weekends, when excited employees announce samples and sales on their bullhorns while standing on boxes).
  4. Though they usually act like we have some incurable disease, the French are actually interested in meeting foreigners (interestingly enough, they can't contract the one disease we do have: homesickness--which, btw, can be cured by a glass of wine and a season of downloaded American television).
  5. Lyon has its warm winter days, too (today its 68 F--woah!).

...more conclusions to come, I'm sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment